Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Red Sand Skimming









I usually do not ski on dirt around so many people but I didn't have much of a choice. Just outside of Arches Natinal park there is a sweet red sand hill. With my kids wanting to play in the sand and a bunch of other strangers just hanging out there, I grabbed my skis and started hiking up. My first run I hit a couple of weed jumps and skied to the bottom. Steep with some good speed. Then I went for a more artistic shot so I set up my camera for a side shot profile. I had to hurry a bit because some guy was about to get in the shot. Near the top of the hill there was a small jump that I was able to hit. Great runs, just the right speed to skim across the sand to the bottom. Just after my 4th run it started to rain and I had to cut my time short.
25. Arches, UT

No comments:

Post a Comment