Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

Erode







Looking for a place to ski alone Dimple Dell ravine. I didn't find a place right in the ravine but a I did find an eroded hillside to hit the spot. The eroded hill side was about 40 feet tall with the top section a wall straight up. Climbing up the hillside was challenging, pulling myself on top I had to use my upper body like a pull up. Once on top I wasn't sure I was had it in me to take the short hill. There was no room for doubt or hesitation. It was a 5 foot drop followed by a second 5 foot drop. I psyched myself out and climbed down to take an easier route. After three warm up runs I over came my fear and hit the double drop The first drop was more of a slide that gave me some good speed to shoot me out about 10 feet. I had to hit it again. What a rush.
29. Dimple Dell

No comments:

Post a Comment